I feel like the reason I don’t write here a lot is that I feel like I don’t have anything to really say. My personal life is mundane and boring but keeps me busy enough to not really think about anything else very much.
I quit my dishwasher job at the beginning of July, mostly because it was killing my hands. (I kind of need those.) I’m in the process of being hired at a new job that’s a completely new field for me. I’m very hopeful that this will be a good one, it’s like a new journey. In the meantime I’ve been driving for Ubereats, which is variable and time consuming but otherwise decently low-stress.
I have a lot of projects I’ve been working on very slowly.
- I’m writing an urban fantasy novel at like 400 words a week (that’s very slow).
- I’m making coptic bound journals (I have 4 out of 10 done).
- I’m learning Python (slowly) so I can eventually start making video games.
- I’ve been working on my sketchbook and a watercolor portrait.
- I’ve started replaying Oracle of Ages, my favorite Legend of Zelda game.
It’s slow progress all around, but it’s hot and I am tired. But it is progress, regardless of how it feels sometimes. So I can have my quiet pride.
I don’t really have much else to say.